A world renown Holocaust survivor, author, scholar and activist, Elie Wiesel dedicated his life to making sure that the world would “Never Forget,” the Holocaust and many other global injustices.
Following the passing of Elie Wiesel, age 87, we feel a responsibility to take on the task and we hope this shirt serves to inspire the continuation of his lifes work!
In his words:
1. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim.
2. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
3. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.
4. There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
5. No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.
6. Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
7. Peace is our gift to each other.
8. There are victories of the soul and spirit. Sometimes, even if you lose, you win.
9. When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude.
10. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.
11. I have not lost faith in God. I have moments of anger and protest. Sometimes I’ve been closer to him for that reason.